10 Interesting Facts About UAE That You Didn’t Know
United Arab Emirates is a place that has garnered a lot of popularity and appreciation over time. Gaining popularity for its oil reserves UAE has also focused on its retail trade and tourism to boost the revenue of the country. The country is also aware of the environment around and so is on its way to create a carbon free city.
The country has gained a lot of its popularity due to the two major cities, namely, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. There are a lot of places of attraction in UAE that are part of these two cities. These two cities also play a major part in contributing to the total economy of the country. There are a lot of facts about the Emirates country which will leave you awestruck.
We’ve rounded up a list of facts about the UAE, some of which will surprise you.
- Dubai Police patrol around the city in posh cars like Bentley, Lamborghini and Ferrari in order to overtake the racing cars on road with a faster speed. The main purpose of introducing these supercars in the Dubai police force is to make sure that the best safety and services are provided for people in Dubai.
- Almost everyone by now has come across the news that UAE has an ATM that dispenses gold. The news is as true as it can be and you can come across ATM machines in Dubai and Abu Dhabi where you can withdraw gold bars and coins.
- There are a lot of reasons why United Arab Emirates has the world’s lowest crime rates. There are laws that are introduced in the country like the Sharia Law, Photography Laws, boating in the country, Discussing faith in UAE, Harassment towards women in UAE, etc. These laws are strictly followed in the country to ensure that it fights with crime and criminals vigorously.
- Taking pride in being one of the major oil exporters in the world, UAE is also a major investor in renewable solar energy. The country asks for renewal of the Kyoto Protocol very frequently.
- People living over the 80th floor in Dubai’s tallest building need to wait for two minutes extra before breaking their fast amid the Ramadan, since then they will have the capacity to see the sun longer than those living below.
- Dubai likewise boasts two huge shopping malls; the Dubai Mall is the largest shopping mall on the planet by total zone and houses 1200 shops, a zoo built underwater and an ice arena, while the Mall of the Emirates boasts an indoor ski slope, more than 100 eateries and bistros and 7900 parking spaces!
- There are more than 200 different nationalities living in the UAE making it a standout amongst the most socially diverse nations in the world. Over the last decade, the nation’s population has expanded from 3.4 million in 2001 to an expected 8.2 million in 2011. For the most part because of immigration, UAE likewise ranks among the highest in the world as far as population growth.
- Emirati apparel is an essential piece of the history and legacy of the UAE and is a source of pride. Men in the UAE wear a white shroud “kandura” which is likewise called a “dishdash” or a “thawb” in other GCC countries. It is additionally like the forsake garments utilized as a part of North Africa. The women in UAE wear a long flowing dark gown known as the “abaya.” The abaya is really an elegant piece of attire used to cover the female’s garments. It can run from plain, practical watchful designs like the ones worn in the past to more present day, detailed and colourful ones with intricate designs.
- Dubai is also home to the second largest residential tower, the Princess Tower, in the world that shoots up to an amazing 101 floors. Now, that’s what we call luxury and royalty oozing out at one place.
- Abu Dhabi hosts the only Ferrari themed amusement park in the world, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, built on the Yas island. This amusement park includes world’s fastest roller coaster ride, The Rossa.
Though these facts do not define the country completely, it still goes up to show the rich, luxurious and developed side of UAE.